People say that Singapore is a boring city. Well, these people haven’t looked hard enough for the island’s random offerings. Singapore Art Salon is one of those random things. Happening every last Tuesday of the month in Blujaz Cafe, the salon is a gathering of various art mediums. Theater, music, poetry, film — you name it, they have it. Every month has its own distinctive artists line-up.
Artists in the May 2012 edition:
1) Amber Lin, a poet currently studying in Lasalle College of the Arts. While deceptively simple, her works were genuine and sincere.
2) Laura, posing in for sketching sessions. Posing was such a tough, nerve-wrecking job!
3) Wee Li Lin, a filmmaker who showcased her short documentary on 67-year-old Singaporean country singer, Matthew Tan (click to see the documentary). It told of a heartwarming journey of a musician to realize his dream in the mecca of country music, Nashville, in the 1970s.
4) Wendell John Frando & Kitty Whitelaw (both were actors of Voyage de la Vie theatrical). They performed two of their favorite musical tunes.
5) Cold Shoulder, a music band (2nd & 3rd pictures). I never would have guessed that the innocent-looking, small-sized lead singer would pack in so much screaming powers. Never judge a book by its cover!
Looking forward to the June edition on the 26th!